Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Making Excuses

The last post I did was about my eye surgery. What a pain in the ass! Lying on one side for a week doesn't sound too bad, but when you can't do anything else for 24 hours seven days a week, it gets real old. Then there is the bubble.



For eight weeks I had a bubble right in the middle of my vision. This was due to the gas that they put in there. You can't see a damned thing with a bubble right in the middle of everything! All that is finally done. Now I just have to get new glasses since the surgery messed up my prescription.

We haven't done much with Bijou JuJu the last couple of months. Mostly due to my vision. I know that's a cop out. I play in the dark sometimes so why not with bubble vision. I had a good friend that was a professional musician and he was blind. How about Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, and several others? Yeah, it's just an excuse.

Yesterday I met a young woman who is also a musician. We talked a bit about music and playing out and she corrected my thinking about how little opportunity there is in the general area where I live. I guess the problem is that I am too much of a hermit.

I have been thinking lately that I have to make up my mind if I am going to do this thing or not. I have always wanted to play my music for folks, but figured I had to be responsible while my kids were growing up and now I'm too old. Many people have told us that we should play our music and they don't seem concerned about our age. Do they know something I don't?

I know for anyone reading this post that it doesn't make much sense, but then, does it.

The problem is being stuck in a mind set that tells you you can't do something. Our society seems to run on that type of thinking. The herd mentality stops many people from realizing their dreams. it is total crap of course. There are many out there who ignored the herd and went out and did what everyone else said they couldn't do. Those are the people we admire.

I guess I need to stop making excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment